Pages

17.3.11

Three Goals To Uno

Tomorrow will be Friday, which will bring to a close the longest week of my life. As you've noticed by my posts this week, it wasn't easy to get through, but I feel like I've come out of it all incredibly lucky and I am going to be happy and heal. So as I access the situation I find myself in, I have hope in my heart and a smile on my face.

Looking forward I have some goals I have set for myself, they do not have a deadline because it doesn't matter when they happen, only that they do. As discussed in my previous post, we must not live in the future, but that doesn't mean we can't set goals for ourselves. While the risk of not achieving those goals is disappointment, the reward for completing a goal for one's self is worth the risk. Feeling Kickass, self-confident and becoming stronger is the pay off.

I'm the only one that kicks my ass. :)

Goal Number One: Stay Who I Am While Maturing Into An Adult

Strange goal right? Well I'm going through some major changes in my life right now, changes that threaten to pervert some fundamental aspects of my life; some fundamental aspects of my life that I am proud of. Yeah, I have some areas of my life that should change and I don't mind growing out of those (I welcome it), but as I grow older there are some aspects of myself I want to keep. I'm a romantic, I'm in touch with my emotions, I have a good sense of humor (funny how you can't say that about yourself because everyone's perspective of funny is different, but I own this about myself...I know I can crack a joke), I have an imagination, I have hope, I have a level head and a big heart. These are a few things I don't want time to change. Believe me, there's more than enough reasons to become numb in the world today, but I'm human and I am proud of my humanity.

Goal Number Two: Continue To Work At My Passion

I absolutely LOVE writing, it's not even work to me. Conceptualizing an idea, putting it to paper, expressing myself through a chain of preplanned words (just like that) and sharing with someone or an audience a compelling tale; these are things I dream about making a career out of doing one day. Problem is in Cape Town at least, this is not realistic. I don't want to give up writing, but I need to think about the breadline from now on. I will never stop writing, I made that promise to myself at the beginning of this blog and I will follow through with that, I can still be happy if I choose to pursue something that might get me there without wasting my time. (Oh, but if you happen to know of any full time positions that requires a writer, by all mean...look me up)

Goal Number Three: Be Happy In My Own Skin

I do like myself, but I'm not always happy with myself. I make mistakes, I have aspects of myself that can be improved and that's without all the expected acceptable human flaws. Sometimes I don't even make mistakes and I beat myself up about that. When I let myself down, I tend to dwell on it. I have support to deal with this, but I need to rely on myself too. At first it will be difficult, but it will happen when it happens; I'm not too worried about it. Be strong within myself first so that I can be strong for others; I will work at it a little by little.

That's the three most important things I am setting as goals for myself today. From next week we'll be back to normal blogs, I hope these have at least been interesting and maybe you even got to know this random guy a little better. Thanks for reading if you did, you won't get this far if you didn't. :)

1 comment:

Thanks for sharing your opinion too, we'll pick up the tab.