Pages

16.3.11

Future Proof By Living Today

You ever wake up after a really decent sleep to a world with just a little bit more colour? The tea tastes better, the birds tweeting outside are just as irritating (except you really don't bother to imagine shooting them with a tranquilizer) and the promise of your future excites you.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...(a long relieved sigh not a loud scared scream)
Today isn't going to be a fact driven blog, no sir. Today is going to be a concept driven piece and that concept is new beginnings. There are certain stages of major change in our lives, some are scary, some are exciting and some are both. Most of them are obvious, first day of school, moving overseas, a new job, but some are less obvious. The less obvious ones can be hard because you come across feelings you're not prepared to have and they're confusing. If you lucky, you can identify those feelings and put your mind at ease. If you've been going through the confusing emotions for a while, identifying, solving and working through those feelings can really revive you like a shot of adrenaline straight to the heart.

Or be shot by a Canadian... embarrassing.
So where do you go from there? Well first off you will naturally face doubts. Your mind has been in a certain mode for a long time and changing gears will take some getting used to. Taking it at your own speed is the best plan at that point. Do whatever it takes to feel good and then deal with that, then take the next step. I tend to think in terms of the future. I have been like that for a long time, it comes from having a passionate dream (which is NOT a bad thing, but you need to live in the now sometimes). Growing up looking forward to the future all the time can hurt you because the present blasts by so quickly and you've not stopped to appreciate it.

Today is the only day you need to live for today. Planning for your future is important, but you can still live today and plan for your future, balance is the key. So what does this mean for me? It means I'm putting my future on hold for awhile to discover who I am today.

It's the tl;dr of today's post.
I still have a future, there's no choice there. I know where I want to be 10 years from now, I know who I want to be with 10 years from now and I know what I want to be doing 10 years from now, but nothing I do today can insure that will happen in the future or if that is what I will even want 10 years from now. A good (best) friend once told me, you only disappoint yourself when you set your future ahead of your present. Each time you don't achieve a dream because of worry, you hurt yourself; so rather start off living today before setting your future standard too high (at least the last part is what I understood from the first part)



Thanks for reading, I'll check you around tomorrow because I got stuff to do...today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your opinion too, we'll pick up the tab.