Pages

21.2.11

Never Stop Writing

Backed into a corner even Gandhi would take an aggressive swing, I'm not lying he said so himself (I think). Point is, this is me backed into a corner. I'm pretty non-confrontational as a being, preferring to shrink into the shadows and imagine I strike back like a viper (I never do).

Instead of an aggressive swing, I've decided to write a strongly worded letter; "Please don't crush my dreams." If no one reads it, at least I put myself out there dangling in the wind like an invisible nudist or a mine.



Firstly, I'm a proud South African (for our international readers it's right next to Wonderland and just before Oz). Born and raised in Cape Town I've never left the province in my conscious life. "Gasp, horror, Wilhelm scream!" Yes I'm untraveled, but what I lack in experience I make up for in naive curiosity. If I like a place I research it, but now I digress. Point is no one can dispute my nationality, if I'm not South African then what am I? Limbonese?



Now that that's out the way, I'd like to say as proud as I am of South Africa there are certain South African tendencies I am absolutely fed up with! The drunk driving epidemic, the government that works more like a corporate business, the extremists on both sides, the political correctness that stifles freedom of speech, the nationalization of free speech, the crime, the You magazine "celebrities." I'm moody, lank moody and from now on, I'll never stop writing. I will express the kak out of myself and if you're along to watch the freak show unfold, be my guest.



If you're frustrated, angry and want to vent to the world then this blog is for you.

If you're Steve Hofmeyr...then you might not want to come back here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your opinion too, we'll pick up the tab.