Pages

31.5.11

Good News Is Rough

Funny how news works. They cure Cancer (bullshit or not) and it's pretty much ignored; Arnold Schwarzenegger knocks up his nanny and it's front page news...at least in some places. Yeah we all know by now that's the case and it's nothing new, but I'm starting to realize as someone who upkeeps a blog it extends to writing non-fiction too. See, I could moan about the car accident I had, the weather we're having or even how June 1st marks a very definite end to an era; I could fill at least seven and a half posts full of that shit. Yet, writing a blog about an upbeat topic is so much of a challenge. I'm actually very happy right now, so I'm going to take the challenge and write something maybe not thought provoking, but with a bit of hope.
Unrelated lolz
I can't bring myself to lament with any sort of conviction because the good that seems to be happening in my life makes it incredibly difficult to dwell on the bad and even so I've come to understand the harsh times of our lives are the ones that bring about the most growth. Right now I'm on the precipice of a project that could define the rest of my life, my job is amazing and my friends are golden shards of diamonds encrusted with awesome; how can I complain about anything? Okay, I guess it's time to bring this down a notch to a level more easily identifiable by most.


The default human condition is to focus on a fault or hardship we might be going through and that's fine, no judgement. We've all done it. "Oh my hair looks like kak." Great, there's people who can't even grow hair on their head. Lame example I agree, why would anybody think, "Oh my hair is kak, but at least I can grow hair." It's difficult, if not impractical, to counter a bad thought with a good one, but sometimes you stumble upon that golden ticket. Something so good that it can make any rainy day still rainy, but with a promise of sunshine.

Banksy's Hope Girl
No one can tell you what that reason might be, it depends on what you might be looking for or what you might stumble upon by surprise and there's no set way to discover it. Read a zillion self-help books, sixty blogs or find a religion; I'm afraid no one is going to guarantee your happiness except you. Only you can come to a realization that, hey things aren't that bad, they're pretty damn kiff actually. On that note I'll leave you to think about that.

I could give you cotton candy, but if you're not at the fair...it's only going to confuse you. Make sense of that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your opinion too, we'll pick up the tab.